BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chair: Patricia Rodney, PhD, MPH
– CEO, Partners in Health, Education and Development, a domestic and international public health consultancy organization. She has several years of experience in women’s health, adult education and literacy. She spent 15 years in academic public health at Morehouse School of Medicine as Professor and Assistant Dean for Public Health Education.
Secretary: Karen Jefferson
– Records Manager, Robert W. Woodruff Library of the Atlanta University Center (AUC) in Atlanta, Georgia. She was the former Head Archivist, Archives and Special Collections during the time the Walter Rodney papers were donated to the AUC. Karen was a Commissioner to the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Treasurer: Joseph Whittaker, PhD
– Professor of Biology at Morgan State University (MSU). He is an active member of several professional organizations.
Jesse Benjamin, PhD
– Former Coordinator, African and African Diaspora Studies Program and Associate Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies and Sociology at Kennesaw State University. He is a sociologist and cultural anthropologist and is actively involved in a wide range of teaching and research interests.
Mawuli Mel Davis, Esq.
– Co-founder of the Davis Bozeman Law Firm. With over 25 years’ experience, he leads the Firm’s Criminal Defense and Trial Divisions. The Law Firm, established as a community based firm in 2007, specializes in personal injury, wrongful death, criminal defense and civil rights cases.
Kurt B. Young, PhD
– Former Chair, Department of Political Science at Clark Atlanta University. Dr. Young is an Associate Professor, his research interests are Pan-Africanism, Africana Political Thought, Africana Political Movement, African American Politics, and African & Caribbean Political Economy.
Noble Maseru, PhD, MPH
– Former Health Commissioner for the City of Cincinnati Health Department from 2006-2016. He has spent the last 28 years in the areas of human services, academia and public health.
Kanini Z. Rodney-Phillips, MD, MBA/MPH
– Currently Women’s Health Physician at the Veterans Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama. She is a Fellow, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP).
Asha T. Rodney, Esq.
– Asha is the principal of her own law firm, Asha T. Rodney, Attorney-at-Law, LLC. She works very closely with the WRF to accomplish its goals and objectives. Asha has a wide range of experience in criminal defense, civil litigation, professional defense, business law, contract negotiation, probate, real estate and family law. She is trained in alternative dispute resolution and is a certified mediator.